- 5-channel powerful surround sound
- --- 70 W per Channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09 % THD, 2 ch driven)
- --- 100 W per Channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1 ch driven)
- --- 140 per Channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1ch driven)
- Discrete amp configuration
- Bluetooth® for wireless music streaming
- Compressed Music Enhancer for Bluetooth
- HDMI® (4 in / 1 out) 4K Ultra HD Full Support with 4K60p (4:4:4), HDCP2.2 (4 in / 1 out), HDR Video and BT.2020 pass-through
- YPAO™ sound optimization for automatic speaker setup
- Dialogue Level Adjustment for proper sound balance with dialogue and vocals
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT provides virtual surround sound with 5 speakers in front
- Multi-language color OSD capable of displaying cover art
- ECO mode operation for about 20% less power consumption
Play your favorite streaming service. This AV receiver is equipped with Bluetooth functionality to let you enjoy easy wireless music playback from smartphones and other devices. The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha is now optimized for Bluetooth audio transmissions to ensure that your music will have vivid, lively sound quality during wireless playback.
Compressed Music Enhancer
Hear more. When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
4K, HDR and BT.2020
Darker blacks, whiter whites and more vivid colors. This unit supports the latest HDMI® standards thanks to the transmission of 4K video at 60 frames per second (pass-through only). Fully enjoy the high definition video quality of 4K without degradation along with HDCP 2.2 that fully complies with the latest copyright protection, a standard for 4K video transmission. It also supports the wider color gamut of BT.2020 pass-through.
Every room is different. YPAO (Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer) analyzes the room acoustics and adjusts various audio parameters for optimum sound in just a few minutes ensuring that the listening area is tuned to provide the best audio experience possible.
Rich Bass Reproduction
Feel your lows. This exclusive low-range enhancement technology delivers richer bass than you would expect from smaller sized speakers while maintaining good localization and sound balance even with compact front speakers. When a subwoofer is used, it improves the volume of the entire low range of the speaker system, not only the front speakers, but also enhancing the bass from the subwoofer. You'll enjoy video and music with sound that has exceptional power and presence.
Virtual Surround Sound
Surround from the front. Even when it is impossible to install surround speakers behind the listening position, you will enjoy virtual 5-channel surround sound with all of the speakers placed in the front of the room. This is ideal for those who can't or prefer not to install speakers in the rear of the room.
CINEMA DSPExperience different venues. With CINEMA DSP, experience a sound field that allows you to transform the dynamics of the listening environment with the acoustics of famous venues from all around the world.
Discrete Amp Configuration
Enjoy quality sound. This AV receiver was designed with a strong focus on achieving exceptionally high sound clarity. It employs a discrete amp configuration and a low-jitter PLL circuit, which contribute to its excellent audio performance.
HDMI with 3D and Audio Support
See and hear 3D. This AV receiver supports 3D video signals. Additionally, the Audio Return Channel function enables audio to be sent and received via the same HDMI cable, so you can hear the sound from the TV via a single HDMI cable.
SCENE for One-Touch Start
Ready, set, go. Pressing a SCENE button powers on the AV receiver and selects the input source and DSP mode. You can reset the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
AV SETUP GUIDE for Easier Installation
Install with ease. The AV SETUP GUIDE makes it much easier to perform the set up process with the Yamaha AV receiver. This app assists you with cable connections between the AV receiver and source devices. Additionally, it guides you through various settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and power amplifier assignments. System illustrations and actual AV receiver images help you understand how to make the connections between devices. It is available in multiple languages and is designed for iOS and Android™ tablets.
Go green. When ECO mode is turned on it can reduce power consumption by about 20 percent.
- Compared to power consumption when ECO mode is off (Yamaha measurement).
Be lazy. Auto Power Standby lets you save energy by automatically turning off the AV receiver's power after 20 minutes, two, four, eight or 12 hours.
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven)
100 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven)
70 W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA)
140 (6 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms)
110 / 130 / 160 / 180 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP
- DSP Programs
- Dialog Level Adjustment
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP
Yes (Virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- Compressed Music Enhancer
Yes (incl. enhancer for Bluetooth)
- YPAO sound optimization
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control)
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting
- Audio Delay
Yes (0-500 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through
Yes (4K 60p 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D passthrough
- HDMI Audio Return Channel
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync
- HDMI Input/Output
4 / 1 (HDCP2.2, HDR and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC
- Front AV Input
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical
1 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial
2 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output
3 (front 1) / 0
- Composite Video Input/Output
3 / 1
- Headphone Output
- FM/AM Tuner
- On-screen display
Yes (color OSD)
SCENE (4 sets)
- Remote Control Unit
- Power Consumption (IR only)
- Auto Power Standby
- ECO mode
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
17-1/8” x 6” x 12-3/8”; 435 x 151 x 315 mm
16.3 lbs.; 7.4 kg