Dual-Layer IMX (Injection Molded Matrix) Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
To create new D-Series speakers, Pioneer developed the industry’s first basalt fiber made from natural rock interwoven with aramid fiber. Used in the surface layer, this Aramid/Basalt Fiber material is highly rigid and better absorbent, enhancing stability and maintaining integrity throughout a wide temperature range.
Rear Chamber Tweeter Enclosure
D-Series speakers feature an exclusive rear chamber tweeter enclosure that we first used in our famed PRS speakers. It extends mid-range frequency for improved vocal imaging and staging.
The built-in -12dB/Octave HPF and LPF crossover improves the transition from mid to high frequency, for a smoother mid-range to tweeter response. Audiophile-grade capacitors and inductors are used, and all components are encased in a clear acrylic cover for protection.
Smooth Off-Axis Response
- Optimal Choice of Tweeter Diaphragm Shapes
- Wave Guides control sound dispersion to make sound stage wider in the car.
Lower Crossover Frequency
- Large-Sized Tweeter Diaphragm (1-1/8" diameter)
- Rear Chamber
- Light Weight Soft-Dome Diaphragm
- High-Quality Passive Crossover Network (Woofer, LPF: -6 dB; Tweeter, HPF: -12 dB)
- Thick Woofer Basket
- Large-Sized Woofer Magnet
- Dual-Layer IMX (Injection Molded Matrix) Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone