Revolution meets evolution.
Our reference network player, the NDS, is an audiophile-quality music source, every bit the sonic equal of the very finest high-end CD playersand turntables. Whether you’re browsing your digitally stored music collection, exploring tens of thousands of internet radio stations, discovering music via the built in Spotify Connect feature, or indulging in a high-resolution 24bit/192kHz download, the NDS delivers unrivalled performance.
Technology & Craft
The electronic brain of the NDS is a 40bit SHARC Digital Signal Processor (DSP), the most powerful to be fitted to any Naim component so far. It’s capable of performing a staggering billion calculations per second. By monitoring the flow of data through the NDS’ buffers and adjusting the clocks accordingly, it provides jitter-free accuracy and optimum performance whatever the relative quality of the music being played. Yet, for all its complexity, the NDS is easy to use: our bespoke control software ensures seamless compatibility with all your digital devices. You’ll find the NDS simple to live with and an absolute delight to listen to.
While its concept is revolutionary, much of the NDS represents an evolution of classic Naim themes. Its internal architecture is separated into carefully screened digital and analogue pathways, each mounted on suspended brass plates to minimise resonance and vibration. Sound critical boards and components are further isolated by their own shields, reducing interference within the chassis to the absolute minimum. Finally, the NDS has no internal power supply, ensuring optimum performance by isolating its sensitive electronics from electromagnetic and mechanical interference.
- Digital (S/PDIF) 3 x S/PDIF:
- 1 x coaxial BNC - up to 24bits/192kHz
- 1 x coaxial RCA - up to 24bits/192kHz
- 1 x optical TOSLINK - up to 24bits/96kHz
- USB 1 x front panel Type A socket
- Antenna Wi-Fi (802.11 g or n at 2.4GHz)
- Antenna Wired Ethernet (RJ45) or Wi-Fi
- Digital (S/PDIF) 1 x BNC (75Ω)
- Load Impedance 10kΩ (min.)
- Analogue 1 x DIN and 1 x RCA, 2.1V RMS at 1 kHz
- Output Impedance <20Ω (min.)
- Frequency Response 10Hz - 20kHz, +0.1/-0.5dB
- THD + N <0.005%, 10Hz - 18kHz at full level
- Remote Control Infra Red (RC5)
- Remote Input 1 x rear panel 3.5mm jack (RC5 modulated and unmodulated)
- Remote Output 2 x rear panel 3.5mm jack (RC5 modulated or unmodulated)
- Updates 1 x USB Type Mini-B
- Audio Formats WAV (up to 24bit/192kHz), AIFF (up to 24bit/192kHz), FLAC (up to 24bit/192kHz), ALAC (up to 24bit/96kHz) , WMA (up to 16bit/48kHz) must be WMA 9.2, Ogg Vorbis (up to 16bit/48kHz), M4a (CBR and VBR up to 320kbit/s)
- MP3 (CBR and VBR up to 320kbit/s), Playlists (M3U, PLS)
- Internet Radio Provider vTuner 5* full service
- Front Panel Nine button matrix
- Handheld Remote handset included and optional Naim app for iOS and Android.
- Power Supply External power supply required. XP5 XS, XPS, 555 PS all compatible (double Burndy connection for 555 PS).
- Other Hi-Line, Power-Line (on external power supply)
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 87 x 432 x 314 mm
- Weight 14 kg
- Supplied with Uniti Remote Control, Standard Interconnect