Being moved by the emotional power of music is a feeling one must experience to fully understand. The Evolution 780D redefines this experience by elevating it to an all new level. How? Through the use of a fully balanced dual-mono design using two DAC chips, each with 16 unique DAC circuits, that can decode virtually all digital audio formats (up to DSD quad and PCM 32-bit / 384kHz). The heir apparent to the world-class MOON 750D, the new 780D will unleash dynamics and detail that you never thought existed in your digital audio files.
Amongst the numerous and varied digital inputs is our MiND (MOON intelligent Network Device) network player that allows for DSD streaming over ethernet, as well as access to the TIDAL music service; a gateway to the largest online library of uncompressed music. Other internal features include our MOON Hybrid Power (MHP): a new, ultra-high performance power supply and a modular design to help make this revolutionary DAC as future-proof as possible.
Built like all Evolution-Class gear, the 780D’s chassis is made of aircraft-grade aluminum, with careful attention paid to minimizing vibrations. These qualities help the 780D portray an even greater sense of finesse, focus, bass slam and control. One listen is all it will take to be convinced.
- Nine (9) digital inputs include USB (hi-res audio), AES/EBU, SPDIF (x3), Optical (x2), Bluetooth® with Qualcomm® aptXTM audio support and Ethernet/Wi-Fi.
- Supports native DSD up to DSD256 (USB only) and PCM up to 384kHz (32-bit on USB only)
- Built-in MiND network streaming player includes TIDAL Music Service
- DSD Streaming over Ethernet via MiND and USB
- Fully balanced differential digital and analog circuitry in a dual-mono design
- Femto second clock (vs. Pico second clock where 1 pico-second = 1000 femto-seconds): The result is much lower jitter - 150 femto-seconds (less than 1/6 of a pico-second) - and therefore lower distortion.
- There is one DAC chip per channel running in mono mode for a true dual-mono design; each of these two DAC chips are programmed to process a single channel for the best possible sonic performance, whereby each chip contains 16 individual DAC circuits which provides for 8 differential mode DAC circuits.
- On-board programmable software for customization of the end-user interface.
- MHP (Moon Hybrid Power) is a “High Performance Universal (Power Supply” using conductive polymer capacitors, high speed digital switching and analog linear regulators post stages (non-switch mode) for ultra stable and exceptionally low noise DC output
- 2 stages of our M-LoVo (MOON Low Voltage) DC regulation circuit; a highly sophisticated circuit that is virtually free of noise, yielding an exceptionally fast, precise, and stable DC voltage. The result is a power supply with a virtually unmeasureable noise floor
- Power supply voltage regulation includes i²DCf (Independent Inductive DC Filtering); There is one inductor dedicated to each integrated circuit type component (DAC, Op-Amp, etc.) in the audio circuit's signal path; 4 stages in all
- SimLink™ controller port for 2-way communications with other compatible MOON components
- IR input for external control
- RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
- 12 Volt trigger output for remote operation
- A very short capacitor-free signal path using a DC servo circuit and proprietary 18dB/octave analog filter
- Fully compatible with the 820S external power supply.
- 4-Layer printed circuit boards with pure copper tracings for a much shorter signal path; This results in greater sonic accuracy and a dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio
- Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
- Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
- Includes the FRM-3 remote control