Don't let the name fool you - this machine has nothing to do with the original MOON 260D, which was strictly a CD Player, albeit a very good one. The Neo 260D borrows much of its technology from the more exotic and costlier 650D in the Evolution series.
Want to stream music directly from your computer? The Neo 260D allows this to come alive for you. How about enjoying your favorite satellite movie channels with the audio fidelity of your music system? Again, the Neo 260D delivers. Or perhaps listen to your Blu-Ray movies with the same fervor as your music collection. The Neo 260D will satisfy that too. Then again, if you simply want to play your favorite CD's, the Neo 260D does that with powerful digital technology that extracts every last musical detail from the disc.
The Neo 260D provides superb flexibility as a result of it being a CD Transport and a DAC all-in-one. Thanks to its 32-bit processing engine, upsampling capabilities, hallmark MOON oversized power supplies and elaborate analog stages, the Neo 260D's sonic performance is without equal in its price category. The DAC section is entirely optional, whereby you can easily add it later on, if not needed right now.
- Proprietary CD drive system mounted on our M-Quattro gel-based 4-point floating suspension for vibration damping, allowing ambient & spatial cues in your recordings to come to life like never before;
- Two (2) digital outputs: S/PDIF and AES/EBU.
- Oversized power supply with up to 13 stages of voltage regulation (5 for Transport and 8 for the DAC)
- RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
- IR input for external control
- SimLink™ controller port for 2-way communications with other compatible MOON components
- Rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
- Optimized selection of very high quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
- Includes CRM-3 remote control
With Optional Digital-to-Analog Converter:
- True 32-bit asynchronous Digital-to-Analog converter
- Four (4) digital inputs (S/PDIF x 2, TosLink x 1 & USB x 1) allowing for use with virtually any digital source.
- Advanced analog signal path using a DC servo circuit and proprietary 18dB/octave analog filter
- USB input with galvanic isolation which eliminates all ground current (i.e. no electrical connection) between the USB device (computer,music server, etc) and the 260D, preserving the accuracy of the audio signal.