The MOON 870A Power Amplifier is a balanced differential dual-mono design that effortlessly outputs 300 watts into 8 ohms and 600 watts into 4 ohms. Transparency and soundstage are exceptional, despite this amplifier's high power rating. Ultimately, the 870A will mate seamlessly with any loudspeaker allowing it to reach its full sonic potential, regardless of its load.
Several in-house developed advancements allow the MOON 870A, the most powerful 2-channel Evolution Series amplifier to date, to perform with both accuracy and grain-free character. These include (i) MOON output transistors, specifically designed for use in our amplifiers, providing tighter and more visceral bass performance, as well as unprecedented linearity thoughout the entire frequency spectrum; and (ii) our advanced "zero global feedback" circuit, commonly referred to as Lynx.
Of course, key features you'd expect in a MOON Evolution Series product are present such as an RS-232 port and 12 Volt triggers for custom-install environments.
- Lynx circuitry which is a "no overall feedback" design resulting in genuine real-time amplification, a more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality, virtually non-existent IMD and the elimination of common phase errors resulting from feedback
- Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor. The result is increased current speed and better dynamics
- A dual-mono oversized power supply
- Precision matched and fully decoupled proprietary MOON Bipolar output transistors with unprecedented gain linearity resulting in improved bass response and even more accurate sonic reproduction
- A high damping factor for superior musical dynamics, improved signal speed and refined timbre accuracy
- A very short capacitor-free signal path for a faster transient response
- Stable to any known speaker impedance
- "Class A" output to 5 watts for greater efficiency
- RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
- 12 Volt trigger input/output for remote operation
- 4-Layer printed circuit boards with pure copper tracings for a much shorter signal path; This results in greater sonic accuracy and a dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio
- Designed to be powered up at all times for optimal performance
- Low operating temperature for a longer than normal life expectancy
- Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
- Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
- Output Power at 8Ω / 4Ω 300W/ch / 600W/ch
- Output Power - Bridged Mono 1200 Watts
- Input Sensitivity 1400mV RMS
- Input Impedance 47,500Ω
- Maximum current output 72 amperes
- Signal-to-noise Ratio > 106dB @ full power
- Frequency response (full range) 10Hz - 200kHz (+0/-3dB)
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz - 105dB
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ 300 watts) < 0.04%
- Intermodulation distortion Unmeasureable
- Shipping weight 98 lbs / 44 Kgs
- Dimensions (width x height x depth) 18.75 x 7.5 x 17.5 in. 47.6 x 19.1 x 44.5 cm.