With the MOON 810LP, we envisioned a design with absolutely no restrictions; the ultimate goal being to transport all of the emotion from the artist, from the recording studio to your living room.
A dual-mono fully balanced differential design, the MOON 810LP is our first Evolution Series phono preamplifier. Representing an "all out assault" on phono preamplification resulting from a combination of customized parts in an ultra-refined audio circuit which is mounted on a floating suspension and fed by a unique power supply. Its highly configurable nature - selectable gain, impedance loading, capacitance loading and equalization curves - is accomplished using DIP switches located on the bottom panel. These switches are located directly in line with the circuit at optimal locations to yield the shortest possible signal path. These adjustments, in conjunction with an excellent overload margin, allow the MOON 810LP to work with virtually any available phono cartridge.
The oversized power supply, is housed in an isolated steel enclosure to eliminate all traces of AC artifacts. Within this enclosure is a high quality toroidal transformer, a "pi-type" filter to reduce AC transmission noise and multiple stages of voltage regulation. Finally, on the actual audio circuit, there are 4 stages of M-LoVo an all new proprietary MOON low voltage DC regulation circuit. Combining all of these factors, the MOON 810LP’s power supply exceeds the performance of a battery supply with respect to both audio signal-to-noise ratio and voltage regulation.
Significant Design Features:
- Power supply voltage regulation includes i 2 DCf (Indepen- dent Inductive DC Filtering); 1 inductor for each and every IC in the audio circuit’s signal path – 24 stages in all.
- The dedicated audio circuit board is mounted on a 5-point gel-based floating suspension, derived from our M-Octave technology, originally developed for the reference 850P Preamplifier.
- Optional 820S external power supply.
- Customized parts include metallized polypropylene film capacitors with very tight tolerances of 1%.
- The dedicated audio circuit board is mounted on a 5-point gel-based floating suspension which is derived from our M-Octave Damping technology, originally developed for the reference 850P Preamplifier
- 4 stages of our M-LoVo (MOON Low Voltage) DC regulation circuit; a highly sophisticated circuit that is virtually free of noise, yielding an exceptionally fast, precise, and stable DC voltage. The result is a power supply with a virtually unmeasureable noise floor
- Power supply voltage regulation includes i²DCf (Independent Inductive DC Filtering); There is one inductor dedicated to each integrated circuit type component (DAC, Op-Amp, etc.) in the audio circuit's signal path; 24 stages in all
- Selectable equalization curves for both the RIAA and the IEC standards
- Customized parts include metallized polypropylene film capacitors with very tight tolerances of 1%
- 4-Layer printed circuit boards with pure copper tracings for a much shorter signal path; This results in greater sonic accuracy and a dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio
- Power supply featuring a "pi-type" filter comprised of 40,000uF of capacitance and dual choke inductance
- 12 Volt trigger input and output for remote operation
- Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
- Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
- S/N Ratio (full scale @40dB gain) 115dBr
- S/N Ratio (full scale @70dB gain) 95dBr
- IEC Curve Effect -7dB @ 10Hz
- Frequency response 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.1dB
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz -106dB
- Output impedance 50Ω
- THD (20Hz-20kHz) < 0.0008%
- Intermodulation distortion < 0.001% XLR / RCA
- Input overload @40dB gain 200 / 100V RMS
- Input overload @70dB gain 5 / 2.5mV RMS
- Maximum Output (1kHz @ 10KΩ) 20 / 10 Volts
- Shipping weight 40 lbs / 18 Kgs
- Dimensions (width x height x depth) 18.75 x 4.0 x 16.8 in. 47.6 x 10.2 x 42.7 cm.