This "next generation" Evolution series preamplifier uses various recently in-house developed technologies that help create a level of performance that can be best described as astounding.
Intended for those seeking high-performance in an elegant, stylish yet uncomplicated package, the 740P leaves your music uncolored and free of any grain or noise; The purity of the signal remains uncompromised, allowing the music to be heardas was intended from day it was recorded. New technologies include the M-eVOL2 volume control, with a phenomenal 530 steps, allowing for an extremely precise level adjustment. Of course, key features you'd expect in a MOON Evolution Series products are present such as SimLink™ and M-Lock, just to name a few, as well as both RS-232 and IR ports for custom-install environments.
Significant Design Features:
- Power supply voltage regulation includes i 2 DCf (Indepen- dent Inductive DC Filtering); 1 inductor for each and every IC in the audio circuit’s signal path – 24 stages in all.
- 4 stages of our M-LoVo (MOON Low Voltage DC regula- tion); a highly sophisticated circuit that is virtually free of noise, yielding an exceptionally fast, precise, and very stable DC voltage.
- Gain offset adjustment of ±10dB for each line input.
- Optional 820S external power supply.
- Each line input is fully configurable to be “home theater ready”, whereby the 740P’s volume control is bypassed.
- 4 stages of our M-LoVo (MOON Low Voltage) DC regulation circuit; a highly sophisticated circuit that is virtually free of noise, yielding an exceptionally fast, precise, and stable DC voltage. The result is a power supply with a virtually unmeasureable noise floor
- A dual-mono oversized power supply using 2 toroidal transformers in conjunction with 5 stages of DC voltage regulation and extensive choke filtering
- M-eVOL2 volume control circuit using MDAC's (operating in a current steering R-2R configuration) which alter the audio signal's amplitude, yielding no sonic degradation of the signal, regardless of the selected volume setting
- Power supply voltage regulation includes i²DCf (Independent Inductive DC Filtering); There is one inductor dedicated to each integrated circuit type component (DAC, Op-Amp, etc.) in the audio circuit's signal path; 24 stages in all
- M-Lock for "user selectable" maximum volume setting lock-out for each line input
- "Gain offset" for each individual line input with a ±10dB range
- Each line input is fully configurable to be "home-theater ready", where the gain section of the 740P is bypassed
- RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
- IR input for external control
- 12 Volt trigger output for remote operation
- SimLink™ controller port for 2-way communications with other compatible MOON components
- 4-Layer printed circuit boards with pure copper tracings for a much shorter signal path; This results in greater sonic accuracy and a dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio
- Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
- Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
- Includes FRM-3 remote control
- Circuit Topology Open loop
- Input Sensitivity 200mV - 4.0V RMS
- Input impedance 22,000Ω
- Gain 9dB
- Max. output voltage (XLR / RCA) 12V/6V
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (20Hz-20kHz) 120dB @ full output
- Frequency response (full range) 5Hz - 100kHz ±0.1dB
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz -116dB
- Output impedance 50Ω
- THD (20Hz-20kHz) < 0.001%
- Intermodulation distortion Unmeasureable
- Shipping weight 35 lbs / 16 Kgs
- Dimensions (width x height x depth) 18.75 x 4.0 x 16.5 in. 47.6 x 10.2 x 41.9 cm.