Extremely powerful, yet with a delicacy and articulation of the best amplifiers out there, the Neo 400M can take on virtually any loudspeaker you connect it to. Delivering a bottom-end slam, with authority and weight to the foundation of the music, it will transport you into a live concert environment. On the top end of the musical spectrum, the Neo 400M delivers finesse, detail and refinement that can challenge your perception of reality vs. recorded music.
When used in conjunction with the Neo 350P Preamplifier, the results are without equal. There isn't a more refined combination at this price point. An ultimate combination for the discerning music lover, and for those who like to listen at higher sound levels.
Of course, key features you'd expect in a MOON Neo Series product are present such as 12V triggers and an RS-232 port for custom-install environments.
- A "no overall feedback" design resulting in genuine real-time amplification, a more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality, virtually non-existent intermodulation distortion and the elimination of common phase errors resulting from feedback
- An oversized power supply
- Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor. The result is increased current speed and better dynamics
- Precision matched proprietary MOON Bipolar output transistors with unprecedented gain linearity, resulting in improved bass response and even more accurate sonic reproduction
- A high damping factor for superior musical dynamics, improved signal speed and refined timbre accuracy
- Fully balanced differential circuitry
- "Class A" output to 10 watts for greater efficiency
- 12 Volt trigger input/output for remote operations
- RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
- Rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
- Optimized selection of very high quality electronic components
- Low operating temperature for an ultra-long life expectancy.
- Output Power at 8Ω 400 Watts
- Output Power at 4Ω 650 Watts
- Input Sensitivity 800mV RMS
- Input Impedance 47,000Ω
- Damping Factor > 800
- Maximum current output 56 Amperes
- Maximum output voltage 70 Volts
- Signal-to-noise Ratio 106dB @ full power
- Frequency response (full range) 10Hz - 125kHz +0/-3dB
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ 1 watt) < 0.02%
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ 400 watts) < 0.05%
- Intermodulation distortion Unmeasureable
- Shipping weight 33 lbs / 15 Kgs
- Dimensions (width x height x depth) 16.9 x 3.5 x 14.0 in., 42.9 x 8.9 x 37.6 cm.