- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable when bridged)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- Variable high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Variable bass boost on B channels (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- Preamp and speaker-level inputs
- Wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- Fuse rating: 20A x 2
- 8-7/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 5-15/16"D
- Warranty: 2 years
KENWOOD eXcelon products are specially developed to provide the ideal listening experience.
Maximum precision is achieved with top-end components for true musical indulgence. Receivers feature innovative technologies such as advanced smartphone connectivity and driver safety options.
We stand firmly behind the eXcelon products with a 2 Year Warranty.
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output: 50 watts RMS x 4 into 4Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dBA (measured at 1 watt into 4Ω)
Other Specifications: (not using the CEA 2006 criteria)
- 2Ω: 75 watts RMS x 4 (at 1 kHz, 14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD)
- Bridged: 150 watts RMS x 2 (into 4Ω, at 1 kHz, 14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 100 dB (at rated power output)
Channel Layout: The 4-channel amplifier is effectively two 2-channel amps (A and B) built into one chassis. Both the A and B channels are bridgeable, so it can be wired as 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel.
Class D Amplifier Design: The amplifier design is Class D, which uses digital switching power supplies. The result is the amplifier runs more efficiently, generating less heat than Class AB amps. The Class D design also allows the amplifier to be built on a small chassis, and installed where space is limited.
Signal Sensing: The amplifier has a signal-sensing turn-on circuit on the speaker level input. When a signal (up to 50 watts) is detected on the speaker level inputs, the amplifier will automatically power on. When the signal is no longer detected, the amp will turn off. This allows you to install the amplifier without a remote turn-on lead if the speaker level input is used.
Controls: The X302-4 features independent controls for the A and B channels:
- Input Sensitivity: The Input Sensitivity controls let you match the amplifier input to the preamp output level of the source unit. The rotary controls let you adjust the sensitivity between 200mV (0.2V) and 5V, with markings at 0.2V, 0.3V, 0.5V, 1V, 2V, 3V, 4V, and 5V.
- Selectable Crossovers: The crossovers can be set to high-pass, low-pass, or full range (off). Each crossover's slope is 12dB per octave and the crossover point is continuously variable from 50Hz to 200Hz.
- Bass Boost (B channels only): The Bass Boost increases the bass signal of the B channels, centered at 40Hz. The rotary control lets you adjust the boost between 0dB and 18 dB.
- Line In: The X302-4 has two pair of line level RCA inputs, A and B. The amp will accept a signal between 200mV and 5V.
- Power/Ground/Remote Turn-on: The amplifier has screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on, and will accommodate spade connectors. The power and ground terminals are 0.55" wide and the remote turn-on terminal is 0.34" wide.
- Speaker Output: Four pair of screw terminals are provided for connecting the speakers. The terminals are 0.34" wide, and accommodate spade connectors. The amplifier is designed for a 4Ω load, but can can handle a 2Ω load.
- Speaker Level Input: When an RCA line level signal is not available, use the included 8" speaker level input harness.
- Fuses: Two 20-amp ATC fuses are installed in the amplifier. With the 40-amp fuse rating, an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended with a 40-amp (minimum) fuse installed within 18" of the battery.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.