Marine Materials / Testing
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity.
Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments. This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
- System Nominal Impedance 4 Ω
- System Frequency Response 45 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB
- System Efficiency 91.0 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- Recommended RMS Amplifier Power (per Ch.) 40 - 175 W
- Peak Music Power 225 W
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 100 W
- Mounting Clamp Receiver / Enclosure Offset (D) 0.86 in / 22 mm
- Height including Mounting Clamp Receiver* (C) 8.56 in / 217 mm
- Enclosure Depth (B) 12.52 in / 318 mm
- Enclosure Diameter (A) 7.70 in / 196 mm