This is the latest generation of Dudley Harwood's original HL-Monitor: the cabinet is still engineered in the BBC tradition of removable 'thin-wall' panels for a totally true-to-life sound.
Retaining the classic 'two cubic foot' proportions found in the very best BBC monitors, the HL5plus relies on the exclusive Harbeth-made 200mm RADIAL2™ bass/mid driver. This produces a big, warm and powerful sound that underpins the incredible midband clarity.
The 25mm main tweeter is augmented by a 20mm SuperTweeter for an extended and even dispersion to the upper edge of the audio band.
AWARDS for the SHL5 included...
'Most Wanted component' 2004 by Stereo Times
'Hi-Fi Pig' recommended
FairAudio's Favourite Award, 2010
Rated 'Class A' by Sam Tellig of Stereophile, February 2005
- Impedance: 6 ohms easy to drive.
- Sensitivity: 86dB/1W/1m
- Amp. suggestion: Works with a wide range of amplifiers, ideally from 25W/channel.
- Power handling: 150W programme
- Connector: Four 4mm gold-plated binding posts for wires or plugs (biwireable)
- Dimensions (hxwxd): 635 x 322 x 300mm (+12mm for grille and binding posts)
- Finish: Cherry, tiger ebony, eucalyptus, rosewood.
- Space needs: Overall response optimised for use away from walls.
- Stands: To bring ears level with tweeters: typically 16-20 inches. (Tweeter: 475mm up from cabinet base)
- Weight: 15.8kg each, unpacked
- Packing: Single speaker per protective carton