Our Third Generation.
The Grado family makes exquisite headphones by hand in our Brooklyn facility. Each iteration of our products represents a significant step forward in sonic reproduction. Our headphones have already been called "The finest electricity-to-sound transducer in the world". So how did we improve upon perfection?
- Every single component, surface, and material used in The e Series has been upgraded and optimized for one purpose - outstanding dynamics and fidelity.
- Grado's proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate is engineered to absorb excess energy and reduce secondary impulses, for a clearer tone.
- The e Series method of curing our select Mahogany tone-woods enhances their natural ability to reduce sound coloration and produce consistent results.
- Rhodium, the most expensive precious metal on earth, is employed to prevent corrosion on connectors, and unwanted graininess in your music.
- More than 60 years of Grado Labs expertise have led us to develop the most refined driver geometry in our history, which tracks music frequencies with unequaled precision.
- Design refinements within the housing prevent stray resonance from interacting with the driver, thus protecting the purity of reproduction.
- The magnetic field has been fine-tuned for symmetry throughout the full range of the voice coil.
- Even the glue is new, optimized for greater strength, less mass, and better reliability.
The traditional Grado open-back form factor has not changed, because it delivers superior sonic quality and greater realism than closed-back.
So if you're looking for one good reason to invest in The e Series headphones here it is: they bring you closer to your favorite artists. Your listening experience will feel more intimate because nothing comes between your ears and the performance.
Do they look like something from yesteryear? Yes, and they embody all of the 60-plus years of Grado Labs audio research. We don't follow fads we follow the signal.
The new 'e' Prestige Series is the third generation of our moderately priced collection of headphones. You could pay three times as much for a pair of imports that can't match the sonic purity emanating from our family owned shop, where we still build headphones by hand in Brooklyn USA.
The Action Thriller
Whether you're into gaming or jamming, our perfectly proportioned soundstage delivers the midrange you love and the details you crave. The 4-conductor cable and gold-plated mini-plug bring the sparkle back to your audio or gaming system, tablet or phone. Play keyboard or guitar in your own head-space with the comfortable S-Cushions and durable embossed vinyl strap. The only distortion you'll hear will be from your stomp box.
Grado has taken one of the world's most legendary headphones and made it even better. The SR80e has a new driver design, a new polymer to damp resonant distortion in the plastic housing, and a new cable from plug to driver connection. The way the SR80e's new driver and plastic housing move air and react to sound vibrations virtually eliminate transient distortions. This allows the signal flow over the new cable to reproduce sound that has improved tight control of the upper and lower range of the frequency spectrum, while supporting Grado's world renowned midrange. The SR80e will produce a sound that is pure Grado, with warm harmonic colors, rich full bodied vocals, excellent dynamics, and an ultra-smooth top end.
- Open Air
- 20 - 20,000 hz
- 99.8 dB
- 32 ohms
Driver Matched dB
- .1 dB
- Grado story-sheet
- 6.5mm Golden Adapter