Our Third Generation.
The Grado family makes exquisite headphones by hand in our Brooklyn facility. Each iteration of our products represents a significant step forward in sonic reproduction. Our headphones have already been called "The finest electricity-to-sound transducer in the world". So how did we improve upon perfection?
- Every single component, surface, and material used in The e Series has been upgraded and optimized for one purpose - outstanding dynamics and fidelity.
- Grado's proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate is engineered to absorb excess energy and reduce secondary impulses, for a clearer tone.
- The e Series method of curing our select Mahogany tone-woods enhances their natural ability to reduce sound coloration and produce consistent results.
- Rhodium, the most expensive precious metal on earth, is employed to prevent corrosion on connectors, and unwanted graininess in your music.
- More than 60 years of Grado Labs expertise have led us to develop the most refined driver geometry in our history, which tracks music frequencies with unequaled precision.
- Design refinements within the housing prevent stray resonance from interacting with the driver, thus protecting the purity of reproduction.
- The magnetic field has been fine-tuned for symmetry throughout the full range of the voice coil.
- Even the glue is new, optimized for greater strength, less mass, and better reliability.
The traditional Grado open-back form factor has not changed, because it delivers superior sonic quality and greater realism than closed-back.
So if you're looking for one good reason to invest in The e Series headphones here it is: they bring you closer to your favorite artists. Your listening experience will feel more intimate because nothing comes between your ears and the performance.
Hand-crafted mahogany tone-wood, clad with powder coated or chrome plated aluminum… doesn't that sound great?
Yes it does. Grado Professional series headphones represent the embodiment of art and technology. Substantial, influential, and unequaled sound and fury.
Make A Sound Decision
Most people like music, but Grado PS500e headphones are too good for most people. We make them for music connoisseurs. For the ones who anticipate Amy Winehouse’s breath between lyrics. For the ones who absolutely need to place the second violin with their eyes closed. If you get chills from a Cuban trombone solo, we need to talk.
The PS500e is the younger brother to the PS1000e, with newly redesigned 44mm speaker and the improved 8 conductor cable design and a smaller metal and wood hybrid air chamber. Both the hidden mahogany core and and powder-coated aluminum housing parts under-go damping treatments that help control and dissipate resonances, for an undistorted flow of the musical signal. The PS500e boasts an overall sound that is pure Grado, with warm harmonic colors, rich full bodied vocals, excellent dynamics, and an ultra-smooth top end. The PS500e is a compact monitoring tool that will put a smile on the face of the most demanding music professionals, as well as the most demanding audiophiles.
- Open Air
- 14 - 29,000 hz
- 99.8 dB
- 32 ohms
Driver Matched dB
- .05 dB
- Grado story-sheet
- 6.5mm Golden Adapter