Almost 50 years of hi-fi expertise goes into every single one of our products to ensure they sound spot on - the CXN is no different hence why it’s the best sounding streamer around.
Your music will be passed through our unique ATF2 upsampling technology and then through dual Wolfson WM8740 DACs (very premium digital to analogue converters).
Essentially all signals are upscaled to a hi-res 24bit/384kHz format using polynomial curve fitting interpolation. Every song has even more acute detail and warm depth, so you’ll be able to enjoy musical nuances that you’ve never heard before in songs that you’ve heard a thousand times.
Our engineers also spent hours tuning the CXN the old school way, by ear, which we believe is the only way to achieve a sound quality that genuinely moves you.
We wanted to design a product that allows you to play any song in the world from any device.
It’s a long list, but it basically means the CXN will play anything you want and thanks to its huge processing power and slick functionality from our award winning StreamMagic platform, it doesn’t make a fuss of it or skip a single beat, it just plays your music instantly.
We’ve included; Spotify Connect, Airplay, Internet Radio, NAS Drive/ UPnP compatibility, asynchronous USB, Coax and TOSLINK digital inputs, DSD64 support and AptX Bluetooth (with added BT100 receiver).
There’s a lovely big colour screen on the front so you can always see the album artwork and commands that you’re sending to the unit. To make control as seamless as possible, we’ve built our own app – Cambridge Connect.
Whether it’s flicking through albums, building playlists or setting presets, the app allows simple and intuitive browsing of all the connected sources from the comfort of your chair.
We’ve completely removed any obstructions or complicated menus between you and your favourite music, leaving the CXN simply as a catalyst to an incredible listening experience.
- DAC: Dual Wolfson WM8740 24-bit DACs
- Digital filter: 2nd Generation ATF2 up-sampling to 24-bit/384kHz
- Analogue filter: 2-Pole Dual Differential Bessel
- USB Audio Input: USB Type B conforms to USB Audio profile 1.0 or 2.0 (user selectable)
- Digital audio inputs: S/PDIF Coaxial and TOSLINK Optical
- Analogue audio outputs: Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analogue
- Digital audio outputs: S/PDIF Coaxial and TOSLINK Optical
- Compatibility: UPnP, Local USB media, USB audio 1.0 and 2.0, S/PDIF Toslink and Coaxial, Airplay, BT100 Bluetooth receiver (not supplied), Internet radio, Spotify Connect
- Audio formats: ALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, DSD (x64), WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+, OGG Vorbis
- Max power consumption: 30W
- Standby power consumption: 0.5W
- Dimensions (H x W x D): Maximum including sockets and controls: 85 x 430 x 305mm (3.4 x 16.9 x 12.2")
- Weight: 3.5Kg (7.7lbs)