Anatomy of the New Type-S Component - Woofer
1. HD Polymer Frame
- Resonance-Free & Highly Damped Material.
- Offers a strong, distortion-free design that greatly improves installation flexibility.
2. Tuned Poly/Mica Cone
- New cone structure with strong mica results in faster energy transfer & clarity.
3. High Excursion Suspension (Spider)
- Progressive Aramid fiber spider with optimized shape for deep bass, linearity and break-up mode control at high drive levels.
4. FEA Optimized Motor Structure
- Yoke shaped reduces magnetic leakage.
- High-grade strontium magnet.
- Maximize linearity and motor strength.
5. High Power Handling
- Large diameter voice coil (30mm diameter).
- >250 watts peak power.
6. Square Voice Coil with Aramid-reinforced bobbin
- Tightly packed square wire structure puts more turns in the gap and adds strength.
- Aramid reinforced TIL bobbin holds wire very rigid.
- Square VC wire + strong magnet = High efficiency with low distortion.
7. Stable Voice Coil Structure
- Rigid & strong VC structure contributes to clear sound with high efficiency.
- Resonance optimized shape w/di¬rect VC coupling for no coloration and fast energy decay.
Anatomy of the New Type-S Component - Tweeter
1. 1” Wide Range Silk Dome
- Soft silk dome diaphragm with rigid aluminum provides high resolution and wide-band response.
2. Clearer Highs
- Copper cap on pole piece reduces intermodulation distortion for clearer highs and vocal definition.
3. High Efficiency
- Optimized magnet circuit drives CCA wire and soft silk diaphragm with high efficiency.
4. Better Imaging
- Swivel design for optimized response and imaging.
Assorted Sizes, Versatile Upgrade
With six models in the Type-S line-up, you'll find a speaker size to fit your car's needs - and an ideal replacement for factory speakers. A shallow mounting design allows for easy installation in a wide range of door panels giving you a perfect fit. Their high-efficiency design can run off of the built-in amplifier power from the factory or Alpine head unit, resulting in an easy system improvement for any vehicle.
Packing a Punch
Turn up the volume. These speakers deliver amazing lows, mids, and highs. Become a believer once you hear the difference between stock and Alpine sound quality. Upgrade your system and hear what you've been missing.
Silk Dome Swivel Tweeters
The Type-S speakers also use an HD polymer frame for improved sound and installation, while a high-performance soft dome tweeter provides smooth, detailed sound. The tweeters can swivel up to 10 degrees so you can adjust for the optimum listening position.
Not only do the Type-S speakers sound great, they look great too. These speakers will look good behind factory grilles or can be used with the new hybrid mesh grilles (sold separately) for a customized look.
- CEA-2031 Power Rating: 80 Watts
- Power Handling Capacity (RMS): 80 Watts
- Power Handling Capacity (Peak): 240 Watts
- Tweeter Mounting Diameter (mm): 37.8mm
- Tweeter Mounting Diameter (in): 1-1/2''
- Tweeter Mounting Depth (mm): 18.3mm
- Tweeter Mounting Depth (in): 3/4''
- Woofer Mounting Diameter (mm): 127mm
- Woofer Mounting Diameter (in): 5''
- Woofer Mounting Depth (mm): 56mm
- Woofer Mounting Depth (in): 2-1/4''
- Frequency Response: 70Hz - 22kHz
- Impedence: 4 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 88dB (1W/1m)
- Tweeter Type: 1'' Wide-Range Silk Dome Tweeter
- Voice Coil Type:
- Magnet Material: Neodymium Magnet
- Swivel Application: Swivel function
- Mounting Design: Shallow Mounting Design
- Application Type: External / Swivel Tweeter Mounting Kit
- Dustcap Detail: Phase Integrated Dustcap
- Cone Material: Tuned Poly-Mica Cone
- Voice Coil Type: Large Size Voice Coil
- Voice Coil Wire: Copper Square Wire
- Cooling: Optimized Air-Flow Design
- Magnet: High Grade Strontium Magnet
- Mounting: Shallow Mounting Design
- Frame: HD Polymer Frame
- Mounting Adapters: OEM Mount Adapter
- Grade: High Grade In-Line Crossover Network