Feel The Sound
The Type-R’s class-leading excursion and stable structure offers real-world reduction in power compression. This provides increased bass performance output, as well as a consistent, clean, and distortion-free sound at nearly any listening level. The woofer cone is made of a multi-layered hybrid fiber that delivers powerful and uncolored vocal performance and musicality. These speakers perform with clarity and almost perfect balance under continuous power demands.
Compact Design & Strength
Small is Better
The new smaller Neodymium Magnet on the Type-R series allows the total speaker dimensions to be smaller. Not only do you get better performance and control, the compact size makes them easier to install in a wider variety of vehicles. Plus, they are much lighter than typical designs using standard magnet technology.
HD Polymer Frame
Traditional speaker frame designs rely on steel making them larger and heavier. The new Type-R series uses a revolutionary HD Polymer frame making the speaker stronger, lighter, and easier to install.
Ride that Wave
As with many high-end speakers, the Type-R components incorporate Wave Guide technology in the form of a phase plug in the center of the woofer cone. The Wave Guide enhances in-car sound dispersion and helps eliminate phase distortion. Alpine’s unique Dynamic eXpander ring stiffens the cone around the Wave Guide, eliminating a big source of distortion in typical designs caused by cone flexing.
Awesome Power Handling
The Type-R series continues its legendary reputation for power handling capabilities. One reason is Alpine’s patented Linear Drive Motor. It uses a square-wire voice coil that is a large 30mm diameter, driven by a small, powerful neodymium magnet. This unique design provides linear motion over an extremely wide excursion, efficiently turning your amplifier’s power into great sound. At high volumes, when other speakers give up, Type-R’s Linear Drive Motor keeps on producing high quality output.
High-Impact Bass Performance
Type-R speakers use Alpine’s patent pending Multi roll HAMR surround, a technology developed for many of Alpine’s legendary subwoofer designs. At higher volume levels, a speaker’s suspension system typically loses control and becomes unstable. Alpine’s HAMR Surround combines both large cone area and long linear cone excursion for deep, powerful bass response.
High Performance Tweeter
The Type R tweeter is an entirely new design that provides crisp, smooth response engineered for the car environment. The 25mm diameter silk dome offers wide bandwidth and tremendous detail. Alpine’s new EQ Ring improves the tweeter’s dispersion characteristics, providing excellent off-axis response. The motor structure incorporates a special copper cap to minimize distortion and enhance vocal presence. You have to hear to believe how great these tweeters sound. Plus, you can swivel the tweeter up to 15 degrees to provide advanced custom sound tuning and directional control by focusing sound where it should be, not pointed at your feet.
The new Type R line not only handles a lot of power, but it’s also very efficient, making it the perfect match for built-in head unit power, the KTP-445 Power Pack, or a high-powered component amplifier like the MRX or PDX series.
New Network Crossover
We even took the redesign all the way down to the crossover network. It’s 75% smaller than previous networks and uses extremely high-grade components, along with extremely precise trace wire tweeter resistance built right in to the crossover circuit board. The crossover’s cover slides back to reveal 4-levels of tweeter adjustments: 0dB, -2dB, -4dB, and -6dB for precise tuning. The crossover network is designed to go in-line with the tweeter, while the woofer’s network is mounted on the woofer itself for easier installation. The system still is bi-amp ready, too.
- CEA-2031 Power Rating: 110 Watts
- Power Handling Capacity (RMS): 110 Watts
- Power Handling Capacity (Peak): 330 Watts
- Tweeter Mounting Diameter (mm): 37.9mm
- Tweeter Mounting Diameter (in): 1-1/2''
- Tweeter Mounting Depth (mm): 19 mm
- Tweeter Mounting Depth (in): 3/4''
- Woofer Diameter (mm): 165mm
- Woofer Diameter (in): 6-1/2''
- Woofer Mounting Diameter (mm): 136mm
- Woofer Mounting Diameter (in): 5-3/8''
- Woofer Mounting Depth (mm): 59mm
- Woofer Mounting Depth (in): 2-3/8''
- Crossover Size (mm): 63mm x 32mm x 24mm
- Crossover Size (in): 2-1/2'' x 1-1/4'' x 15/16''
- Frequency Response: 65Hz - 29kHz
- Impedence: 4 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 88dB (1W/1m)
- Tweeter Type: 1'' (2.5cm) Ring Radiator Tweeter
- Voice Coil Type: Large Aluminum Voice Coil/Copper Square Wire
- Magnet Material: Neodymium Magnet
- Swivel Application: Swivel Application
- Application Type: Flush Mount, Surface Mount
- Cone Material: Hybrid Multi Layer Cone
- Motor Technology: Linear Drive Technology
- Surround: HAMR Surround
- Voice Coil Type: Large Aluminum Voice Coil
- Voice Coil Wire: Copper Square Wire
- Magnet: Ultra High Density Neodymium Magnet
- DX Ring: DX Ring
- Wave Guide: Wave Guide
- Mounting: Shallow Mounting Design
- Mounting Adapters: Mounting Adapter Kit Included
- Design: Bi-Amp Ready Design
- Design: In-line Network Design
- Attenuation Control: 4 Step (0, -2, -4, -6 dB)
- High Grade Network Components: High Grade Network Components
- Others: Pure Copper Trace-Style Resistance Circuit Board