The New X-Power amplifiers offer the best performance in their class, redefining expectations in the affordable amplifier category. Thanks to trickle-down technology, our in-house engineering team has taken many of the patent-pending technologies introduced in the industry-leading PDX series and implemented them in the new X-Power amplifiers. The X-Power amps provide you with the absolute widest bandwidth, best signal-to-noise, lowest distortion and highest damping factor of any amplifier in their class.
PDX Technology Inside
Dual-Feedback Modulation Loop
When playing music, a clean, distortion-free, low-power signal input to an amplifier should exit as an identical high-power output signal to drive your speakers. In reality, most amps don’t even come close to this ideal, instead adding significant audible distortion especially in the high frequencies, which earned typical Class-D amplifiers a deserved reputation for bad sound. The X-Power’s Global Modulation with Adaptive Feedback Control loop circuitry intelligently assures the power output is as clean and distortion-free as possible. Their real-time error-correction analyzes the signal not only once, but twice by comparing input signal with the output throughout the entire amplification process. In doing so, X-Power amplifiers ensure that their output signal delivers a clean, clear and powerful sound that must be heard to be believed.
Small, Powerful Design
The new X-Power series amplifiers have decreased in size, up to 15% smaller than V-Power and yet they pack in much more flexibility, durability and sound quality.
Standing Alone in the Clarity Class
Ultra-Wide Frequency Bandwidth: This super-wide, industry leading frequency range offers listeners unparallel sound quality and detail that beats even the most high-end audiophile equipment. 5Hz-45kHz for 4ch, 5Hz-400Hz for Mono (+0,-3dB)
Best Signal-to-Noise: In order to ensure that all of the industry-leading sound quality is heard at your ears, we’ve created a platform that offers an unbelievably low noise floor, taking extra care to ensure a clean signal path, with no extraneous interference. The end result: All X-Power amplifiers boast 1 Watt Signal-to-Noise Ratios of 87dB or better.
Low Distortion: X-Power amps offer extremely wide and linear frequency response that results in unparalleled musical detail. Extremely low distortion means pure musical performance without audible artifacts to destroy your sound experience. Additionally, these amps have extremely high stereo separation and smooth phase response, which means more dynamic realistic imaging and staging for your total musical enjoyment. On the Mono side, best-in-class low distortion and tight control will give you clean, accurate bass response.
PDX Technology Inside (Cont.)
Highest Damping Factor: With ultra-low output impedance, the new X-Power offers extreme controlled, tight bass for unprecedented sound quality. Damping Factor ratings are >1000 for Mono and >500 for full range models.
Sharper -24dB/octave slope: Ensuring that your sub plays longer, cooler, and more accurately, the new X-Power has a -24dB octave slope in the built-in low pass filter. A sharper slope to the subwoofer allows only the desired low-end frequencies to play through your subwoofer.
Excessive heat is the enemy of amplifiers and under extreme conditions will result in most amps shutting down completely. X-Power amps use a special Multi-Stage Power Management circuit that continuously monitors critical component temperatures throughout the amplifier and decreases power output if anything gets too hot. If you are playing music under heavy loads for long periods, the circuit automatically reduces power output slightly at first, and then further in a second stage if necessary. This two-stage approach provides a seamless, interruption free listening experience for non-stop music playback.
Versatile Controls and Adjustments
Their small size and versatile controls allow the X-Power amplifiers to easily be added to either an aftermarket or factory system and can be setup to accommodate a variety of system configurations. With a 4-channel non-fading speaker input connection, hooking up to your factory-installed system is a breeze via speaker-level input. Also, the pre-out is buffered (mono models) to allow for additional amplifiers to be added without the need for splitters, maintaining signal quality and helps simplify installation in big bass systems. Speaking of big bass, all MRX Mono models are also equipped with a subsonic filter, to keep inaudibly low power-wasting noise out of your subwoofer system.
The X-Power amplifiers will automatically turn on when voltage is detected on their speaker-level inputs, which makes them great for easy factory system upgrades.
Proven Power—Certified From Birth
All X-Power amplifiers are individually tested and have certified power ratings. Each amp comes with their very own verification certificate documenting its actual power output exceeds the rating by a wide margin.
Remote Control Bass Knob
Adjust subwoofer level without having to access the amplifier itself. Simply add the RUX-KNOB (sold separately) and get full control for remote on-the-fly bass adjustments. You also have the ability to control up to ten X-Power mono amps from just one RUX-KNOB controller with simple telephone jack adapters. The RUX-KNOB is compatible with all Mono and 5-channel X-Power models.
CEA-2006 Power Ratings
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 650W RMS x 1 (4-ohm, 14.4V at Ƈ% THD+N)
Max Power Output Ratings
- Max Power: 1900W
RMS Power Ratings
- Per channel into 4 Ohms: 650W RMS x 1 (14.4V at Ƈ% THD+N)
- Per channel into 2 Ohms: 1100W RMS x 1 (14.4V at Ƈ% THD+N)
- Crossover Frequency (LPF): 50 - 400 Hz, -24dB/oct.
- Subsonic Filter: 5 - 30 Hz, -24dB/oct.
- EQ (Equalizer): 0 to +12dB, fc=50Hz
- Foot Print (WxHxD) mm: 340 x 58 x 230 mm
- Foot Print (WxHxD) in: 13-3/8'' x 2-1/4'' x 9''
- Heat Sink (WxHxD) mm: 280 x 58 x 230 mm
- Heat Sink (WxHxD) in: 11'' x 2-1/4'' x 9''
- Power Requirements: 14.4 V.DC (11-16V allowable)
- Input Sensitivity (RCA Input): 0.1 - 4.0 V
- Input Sensitivity (Speaker Level Input): 0.5 - 10 V
- Input Impedance: >10k ohms
- Frequency Response (+0, -3dB: 1W into 4 Ohms) for Subwoofer: 5 - 400 Hz
- THD+N (10W into 4 Ohms) for Subwoofer: <0.004 %
- THD+N (600W into 4 Ohms) for Subwoofer: <0.04 %
- Damping Factor for Subwoofer: >1000
- Signal to Noise (Rated Power into 4 Ohms) for Subwoofer: 117 dB
- Preamp Output: 4.0 V Max.
- Remote Level: -20 to 0 dB
- Weight: 3.8 kg
- Terminal Layout: Two-Sided
- Screw Mount / Wire Cover: Integrated Wire and Mounting Screw Terminals
- Amplifier Type: Class-D (Digital)
- Channel Design: 1 Channel (Mono)
- Power Supply Design: DC-DC PWM Power Supply
- Power Supply: MOSFET
- Final Outputs: Direct FET
- Crossover: Variable Low Pass Filter
- Gain Control: Continuously Adjustable Gain Control
- Subsonic Filter: Variable Subsonic Filter
- Bass EQ: Bass EQ Function
- Bass Control: Remote Bass Control (RUX-KNOB) Ready
- Low-impedance Possibility: Low-impedance Possibility
- Current Protection: Over-Current, Over-Voltage and Thermal Protection
- Board Circuitry: S.T.A.R. Circuit
- Board Design: 6-layer Glass Epoxy PC Board
- RCA Output: Non-Fading Pre-Amp Output
- Speaker-Level Inputs: 4-channel Speaker Level Inputs
- Power Indicator: Top Mounted Blue LED Power Indicator
- Thermal Control: Multi-stage Power Limiting