6-1/2" 2- Way Speaker with 260 Watts Max. Power
- 60 Watts Nominal Power
- Revolutionary Basalt Fiber IMX speaker cones provide ideal performance to deliver amazing sound
Dual-Layer IMX (Injection Molded Matrix) Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
To create new D-Series speakers, Pioneer developed the industry’s first basalt fiber made from natural rock interwoven with aramid fiber. Used in the surface layer, this Aramid/Basalt Fiber material is highly rigid and better absorbent, enhancing stability and maintaining integrity throughout a wide temperature range.
Rear Chamber Tweeter Enclosure
D-Series speakers feature an exclusive rear chamber tweeter enclosure that we first used in our famed PRS speakers. It extends mid-range frequency for improved vocal imaging and staging.
The built-in -12dB/Octave HPF and LPF crossover improves the transition from mid to high frequency, for a smoother mid-range to tweeter response. Audiophile-grade capacitors and inductors are used, and all components are encased in a clear acrylic cover for protection.
Smooth Off-Axis Response
- Optimal Choice of Tweeter Diaphragm Shapes
- Wave Guides control sound dispersion to make sound stage wider in the car.
Lower Crossover Frequency
- Large-Sized Tweeter Diaphragm (1-1/8" diameter)
- Rear Chamber
- Light Weight Soft-Dome Diaphragm
- High-Quality Passive Crossover Network (Woofer, LPF: -6 dB; Tweeter, HPF: -12 dB)
- Thick Woofer Basket
- Large-Sized Woofer Magnet
- Dual-Layer IMX (Injection Molded Matrix) Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
- Woofer Cone Material Dual-Layer IMX Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
- Surround Butyl Rubber for Smoother Response
- Voice Coil Bobbin Glass-Imide
- Voice Coil Wire OFC Copper
- Damper Aramid Fiber
- Tweeter 1-1/8" Soft Dome with Magnetic Fluid and Neodymium Magnet
- Rear Chamber Tweeter Design Rear Chamber Design for Lower Crossover Frequency
- Basket Design Full Depth Basket For Rich Bass Response
- Wave Guides Wave Guides For Dispersion Control
- Built-in Passive Crossover -6dB/Oct. LPF, -12dB/Oct.HPF
- Speaker Grille Included
- Custom-Fit Basket Improved Fit on GM Oversized 6-1/2" Applications
- Watts MAX. Music Power 260 Watts
- Watts Nominal Power Handling 60 Watts
- Frequency Response 35 Hz to 32 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W/1m) 88 dB
- Ohm Rating 4
- Mounting Depth 2-3/8" (59 mm)
- Cut-out Dimensions 5" (128 mm)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.