The musical heart of your system.
The NAIT XS 2 offers much of the performance of our reference quality SUPERNAIT 2 in a simpler, slimmer package combining a 70W power amplifier with six analogue inputs. Its high performance preamplifier stage is as transparent as you would expect from a Naim amplifier, and it also shares the single-ended class-A headphone output of its larger sibling.
The NAIT XS 2 can be upgraded with our external power supplies, power amplifiers and even phono stages to become the musical heart of a modern music system to get the best from digital, CD, vinyl and AV sources.
Technology & Craft
At 70 Watts per channel, the NAIT XS 2 is more powerful than its NAIT XS predecessor. It also features numerous refinements to enhance its music making still further: ceramic heatsink technology, constant current source drive electronics, a reconfigured internal layout to optimise signal paths and custom manufactured film style capacitors in all audio critical locations.
Constructed in a slimline aluminium enclosure, the NAIT XS 2 provides six analogue inputs and the same innovative Class A headphone amplifier as the SUPERNAIT 2. With any amplifier, however, the proof of its technology is in the listening. The NAIT XS 2 is both powerful and delicate, dynamic and even-handed. It does everything the music asks and delivers everything that a Naim amplifier should.
- Input Sensitivity 130mV
- Input Impedance 47kΩ
- Analogue Input 4 x DIN/RCA pair, 1 x RCA pair, 1 x DIN (for Naim phono amplifier)
- Line Outputs Fixed (level) 130mV, 600Ω
- Line Outputs Variable (level) 775mV, <50Ω
- Power Outputs Naim phono amplifier
- Audio Outputs Speakers, record, preamp and variable sub
- Speakers, record, preamp and variable sub
- Other Outputs Headphone, 1/4" jack
- Power Output 70W/channel, 8Ω
- Remote Control Infra Red (RC5)
- Remote Input 1 x 3.5mm jack on rear (RC5 modulated/unmodulated)
- Updates 1 x USB Type Mini-B
- Front Panel Volume Control, seven button matrix
- Mains Supply 100V, 115V, 230V; 50 or 60Hz
- Power Consumption (quiescent) 20VA
- Power Consumption (max.) 290VA (max.)
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 70 x 432 x 301 mm
- Weight 8.4 kg
- Shipping Dimensions 200 x 590 x 500 mm
- Shipping Weight 10.35 kg
- Supplied with NARCOM-4 Remote Control
- Front Brushed and black anodised
- Case Black powder coated